Lets Get Filming!

 Today we got lots of filming done! Yesterday was not as accomplished as we spent a lot of time trying to figure out the right place to film. But today we were able to all meet at one place at the same time ready to film. All of the actors quickly got dressed and I went to set up props again. Darrow's parents were not home this day so I had to set up the props by my lonesome without his Moms help. Luckily everything still looked perfect! Once everyone was dressed we had to continue with the scenes. I had the storyboard out and placed the actors where they needed to be. With the help of my friend Eva I would position the actors and she would look through the camera telling me left, right, forward, back, to get the perfect shot. We began filming where we left off, which was Giada aka Jade walking out the door after saying bye to her father. I had to go outside and film Jade walking through the door. I followed the storyboard very closely and made sure to capture the angles that I had planned to do. This included a range of low angles medium shots and close ups of the main character. I filmed man y walking scenes where the actors were also talking. I had to be very careful as to not breathe too hard of step on any leaves or twigs as it would mess up the audio. It took a few tries to get everything perfect but after practicing the lines repeatedly the actors began to get the hang of it. Jade even tried to do an Italian accent to make her character seem more authentic but it was more funny than realistic. We then filmed the poker scenes, these were more difficult because our two main characters were meant to make eye contact through the window, but it was hard to cue the characters to walk and time everything perfectly. But again after many tries we were able to get it. This was indeed one of the most challenging scenes and took the longest to film. After this we headed to the Galleria mall to get our last two scenes done. These were fairly easy, despite filming in public and having to wait for people to walk by. After the mall each group member went home. I sent the scenes I had filmed into the group chat and we all collectively decided everything was good and we were done filming!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Project!